Friday, March 18, 2016

Oh! Canada!



 
Oh happy neighbors to the North.

 The Crime Writers of Canada treated the attendees of the recent Left Coast Crime conference to one of the loveliest receptions imaginable. It was well organized and generous and greatly appreciated by all.

One of the highlights of LCC was getting to visit with this talented group of writers. I'm especially interested in Canada right now due to our stressful presidential campaign. The sixties were this corrosive. The very air seemed charged with ill-will toward all. And frankly this election brings back memories. Yes, Canada, you should prepare for another flood of refuges like you had once before.

Not draft-dodgers this time, but a great many of your bewildered neighbors who want to think about fun things. Like writing.

This post is very short. I have serious unexpected medical allergies and when I got back I received a tetanus shot that played thunder with my health. We (by we I mean all the doctors involved) expect to have this resolved shortly. But in the meantime I'm getting in some serious junk TV and doing no writing.

I have many topics on my mind right now. Things I would love to write about. In fact, one of the subject I've never seen covered is the anxiety produced by looming deadlines teamed with illness. Books in particular are so treacherous. They seem to have all the time in the world and then up jumps the devil.

And oh to be through with this wretched presidential campaign.

2 comments:

Aline Templeton said...

Do hope you feel better soon, Charlotte. It must be particularly wretched with a deadline looming but perhaps your publisher can be sympathetic.

And the election! If Trump wins, he'll nuke Scotland - he was sacked as an ambassador for Scotland after his remarks about Muslims!

Carvinglady said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well after a tetanus shot. That must have been one heck of a reacts. Feel well soon.